This has been another productive year for Heathwatch Oldham. We have had an active role at the Greater Manchester level supporting the Health Devolution work, and at a local level supporting the development of Oldham Cares.
Our year, at a glance:
- Our quick healthcare experience surveys were completed by 420 people
- We responded to 453 information and signposting requests
- 512 people are active subscribers to our e-bulletins
- Over 300 people took part in 3 diabetes themed health and wellbeing forums
- Worked in partnership with health professionals at our Health Forum to complete 28 pre-diabetes screenings and 37 health screenings
- Provided signposting and information at 12 community outreach venues
- 189 patients and family members have taken part in 6 service reviews
- We dealt with 79 NHS complaint cases
- 327 people shared their stories through Care Opinion
- Our reports have highlighted the needs of care home residents, people accessing hospital emergency services and Haematology Day Services, as well as people accessing social care services
Thank you for all your support over the past year and we look forward to working with you to ensure your voice in health and social care in Oldham is heard in the year ahead.