Resources to help you make a complaint

We know that making a complaint about NHS or social care services can be confusing. Healthwatch Oldham provides an independent NHS Complaints Advocacy Service. This service is accessible to all Oldham residents and is completely free.

We help people to raise a formal complaint about an NHS funded service. This covers hospital services, dentist, GP’s and social care services funded by the NHS.

You can also contact us to find out how to get help with making your complaint.

Tips and tools for making a complaint

Social care complaints

Practical help you can use to make a complaint about adult social care services, including flowcharts, helpful tips and sample letters.

Find out more

Complaints about NHS services

Information on how to make a complaint or how to complain on behalf of someone else, top tips for making a complaint and sample letters. 

Find out more

GP complaints

Find out where to start if you have a problem with your GP. 

Find out more

NHS Hospital complaints

This information applies to all patients who live in Oldham and use inpatient or outpatient services in NHS Hospitals. It also applies if you're being treated in a private hospital when the treatment is funded by the NHS.

Find out more

Mental health services complaints

If you’re unhappy about your treatment for a mental health problem, you may be able to make a complaint. 

Find out more

Other NHS services

NHS care is usually very good and most people don’t have any problems. But occasionally things can go wrong. Find out more about complaints about other services.

Find out more


Find out information about how a staff member can report a problem in the NHS or an adult social care service

Find out more

NHS dentist complaints

Find out how to make a complaint about NHS dental care.

Find out more