Need URGENT Dental Care?
If you need help with an urgent dental problem, call the Urgent Dental Care Service on 0333 332 3800, available from 8am to 10pm every day, including weekends and bank holidays.
- The above number should NOT be used by patients who have a regular dentist during normal surgery hours.
- This is an appointment only service – the Urgent Dental Care providers do not operate a ‘drop-in’ service at any Greater Manchester locations.
- Each one off urgent dental care appointment is a fixed NHS patient charge of Band 1, which is currently £22.70. This fee shall be paid each time you access Urgent Dental Care Services.
- If you need help finding an NHS dentist, please visit www.nhs.uk
The service is provided according to strict clinical criteria, and when you call you’ll be assessed by a member of the clinical team. Urgent dental problems include the following conditions, which should receive self-help advice and treatment (where appropriate) within 24 hours:
- Dental and soft-tissue infections
- Severe dental and facial pain: that is, pain that cannot be controlled by the patient following self-help advice
- Fractured teeth or tooth
The service operates from 20 different locations across Greater Manchester and patients can choose to be seen at the location most convenient for them.