About this event
What's it all about?
The Cancer Awareness Roadshow goes into the heart of communities talking
to people about the importance of early diagnosis, and steps they can take to live
more healthily and reduce the risk of cancer. Since 2006, Cancer Research UK's Roadshow nurses have reached over 600,000 people.
What do the Roadshows offer?
The Roadshow provides a welcoming environment for people to:
- Talk to one of the Roadshow nurses
- Discuss how leading a healthy lifestyle can reduce cancer risk
- Learn about screening and where to get more information
- Talk about the importance of spotting cancer early by going promptly to the GP with any concerns
- Find out about local and national health services
- Have a free BMI1 or Smokerlyzer® test2
- Help themselves to a wide range of useful leaflets
Roadshow nurses tailor information to each visitor. It’s all about informing, motivating,
If you are interested in hearing more about the Roadshow, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org