If you feel you need to talk to someone post bereavement or if you are feeling upset or a bit down, you can contact these organisations for support. Your GP will also be able to help you decide which help and support might be best for you.
- Oldham Bereavement Service - Provide counseling, advice and a home visiting service.
- Tameside, Oldham and Glossop Mind - A range of services for adults and young people as well as online information and support.
- Oldham Healthy Minds - Counseling service for over 16's experiencing difficulty sleeping, low mood, depression, stress or worry.
- Early Help Oldham - Early Help is for individuals, households and families that need support to stop issues getting worse or reaching crisis point.
- Spiritual, Religious and Pastoral Services - Our chaplaincy team delivers spiritual, religious and emotional support to patients and staff. We support people of any faith, including those who do not have one.
- Emergency Help - If you feel you can no longer cope or that you’re no longer in control, this site provides options that can help (they can also help if you’re worried about someone else).
- NHS Guides - A website which provides a range of self-help booklets.
- Samaritans - If you need someone to talk to, they listen, they don't judge or tell you what to do.
- Cruse Bereavement Care - Cruse offers face-to-face, telephone, email and website support.
End of Life Planning:
Here are some useful links to give you a starting point if you would like some guidance on what you need to do to plan a good end of life:
Dying Matters - Dying Matters is a coalition of individual and organisational members across England and Wales, which aims to help people talk more openly about dying, death and bereavement, and to make plans for the end of life.
Organ and Tissue Donation - English donation law is changing from Spring 2020. You can understand more on their website.
Compassion in Dying - They can help you prepare for end of life and explain the different steps you can take, including the understanding of;
- Advance Care Planning
- Advance Decisions
- Advance Directives
- Advance Statements
- Decision Making
- DNACPR (Do Not Attempt Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation)
- Living Will
- Lasting Power of Attorney