Social Care Complaints

We can help you if you want to make a formal complaint about a social care service. This includes nursing homes, care homes, supported accommodation, home care providers etc.

Through our NHS Advocacy Service, we can help people make a complaint about an NHS funded social care services. Your contact at the Council will be able to tell you if your care is funded by the Council or NHS.

How to make a complaint

To make a complaint please use our self-help resource which will guide you through the different stages. Click onto the relevant link from the following list to access information or useful tools and tips:

If you have any questions, please contact our NHS Advocacy Service by email on or telephone 0161 622 5700.

Other useful information and contacts

Alternatively you can make a formal complaint about a social care service directly to the Council’s Complaints Team who can be contacted by telephone on 0161 770 8122 or by email on:

More resources and information about adult social care services and how to make a complaint are available on the Citizen’s Advice website

Do health and social care services know what you really think?

Share your ideas and experiences and help services hear what works, what doesn’t, and what you want from care in the future. 

Share your views