Other NHS Services

We can help you if you want to make a formal complaint about NHS service. This includes any services funded by the NHS and covers hospital services, GP services, dental services, pharmacies and community health services.

If you want to find out how to make a complaint about a hospital service, GP or dental service please click onto the following links:

How to make a complaint about other NHS services

To make a formal complaint please use our self-help resource which will guide you through the different stages. Click onto the relevant link from the following list to access information or useful tools and tips:

If you have any questions, please contact our NHS Advocacy Service by email on NHSComplaints@healthwatcholdham.co.uk or telephone 0161 622 5700.

Other useful information and contacts

Alternatively, you can contact NHS England to ask for advice, raise concerns or make a complaint about an NHS service. The role of NHS England is to:

  • make contracts with GPs who provide primary health services
  • buy or commission dental services, the services of opticians and pharmacies and certain other health services, like urgent dental care, health services for people in prison and some specialised mental health services
  • allocate resources to clinical commissioning groups (CCGs)
  • oversee how CCGs work.

Any user of the organisation, their family, carers, or members of the public, can ask for advice, raise concerns or make a complaint about any of the services that NHS England buys or commissions.

You can contact NHS England by telephone on 0300 311 22 33 or by email at: england.contactus@nhs.net and please put ‘For the attention of the complaints manager’ in the subject line.

More resources and information about making a complaint about NHS services can be found on the Citizen’s Advice website.