Mental Health Services Complaints

We can help you if you want to make a formal complaint about a mental health service. This includes mental health services accessed within a hospital or community setting.

How to make a complaint

To make a formal complaint please use our self-help resource which will guide you through the different stages. Click onto the relevant link from the following list to access information or useful tools and tips:

If you have any questions, please contact our NHS Advocacy Service by email on or telephone 0161 622 5700.

Other useful information and contacts

Alternatively, if you want to make an informal complaint about a mental health service, you can do this through the Pennine Care PALs Team.

If you are not happy with the outcome of your complaint through the Pennine Care PALs Team you can still raise a formal complaint either through our NHS Advocacy Service or directly to the Pennine Care Complaints Team.  Pennine Care covers mental health services provided both within the Royal Oldham Hospital and within local community services.

You can contact both the Pennine Care PALs Team and the Pennine Care Complaints Team online or by telephone on 0161 716 2128.

More resources and information about mental health services and how to make a complaint are available on the Citizens Advice website which also explains how you can challenge a decision to detain you under the Mental Health Act.