• Text size
  • A
  • A
  • A
Your spotlight on local services

Help with Social Services

Solving a problem experienced within a social care service

Social care services are organised by Oldham Council.  Many of these services however will be delivered by different provider organisations.  

If you are unhappy with the a social care service you are receiving, you should contact the individual provider organisation from which you are receiving your service in the first instance.  Each organisation should have its own procedures for dealing with concerns or complaints.  You may also wish to inform your care-cordinator of your concerns and of the action you are taking.  Please contact us for advice if you need further assistance.

If you do not feel that the provider organisation has been able to provide a satisfactiory resolution to your problem, you can then contact Oldham Council to ask it to investigate.  

For adult social care concerns/complaints, please contact the Customer Liaison Team at Oldham Council on 0161 770 8122 or click here for more details http://www.oldham.gov.uk/info/200143/complaints_and_feedback/630/complaints_or_feedback_about_the_council

For children's social care concerns/complaints, please contact the Complaints and Representations Officer on 0161 770 1129/5292, or click here for more details http://www.oldham.gov.uk/info/200143/complaints_and_feedback/757/services_for_children_and_families_complaints

What to do if you are not happy with the usual channels

If you feel that the response from the council does not take account of your concerns and you are dissatisfied with its final response, you can refer your matter up to the Local Government Ombudsman.  The LGO will look at complaints about councils after the complaint has already been investigated and responded to by the council.  Please contact us for advice.